Monday 7 May 2012

Modelling Challenge, Mechanical thing

I have decided to enter myself into this months T2G 3D Artist Challenge. The brief is as follows:

Challenge Six - Mechanical thing, anything you like, A mech, a machine, a piece of metallic art so let the creativity flow and always pre-design on paper before diving into a pile of polys!

The only cap I have put on this is a base of 5000 polys, so it must be more than 5000, and the maximum is anything you like, any number of textures.
I will mark on presentation, skill and other aspects such as originality, use of textures and just down right wow factor!

I have had an idea of creating a Robot for this challenge I planned on it being a ball which can roll around, but also it has 3 triopod like legs which extend out of the body so the robot can stand up and look around the enviroment. Below is some Concepting I created.



 As you can see above I created a basic concept image to explain how the legs would work and also what is will look like from the front and side.

I then started creating the robot in 3DS Max I intend on adding more detail to the design using Zbrush to give the chacter more of a scifi feel. Below are some renders of the progress at present.




Below is a Video I have rendered showing the roll cycle and the legs animation cycle. I also intend to create a sci fi style corridor for the robot to navigate for the final scene. more updates will be posted soon.

(Im aware that the animation has a few bugs like the eyes falling all over the place this will be next on my list of things to fix before I move on to Zbrush)

No comments:

Post a Comment