Wednesday 3 October 2012

2D artwork

Due to recent events and the success of the game jam I attended I have decided to improve my skills with regards to 2D artwork as I feel this will improve my skills and enable me to create better assets for stool pigeon, I have spent the last couple of days learning Adobe Illustrator CS6 here is an image of Lara Croft that I have been working on its still not finished I need to add further detail to the face and add some shadows to the whole image as at the moment I think you will agree it looks very flat.

Here is the image so far
Heres the reference image I used as a template layer within illistrator


I am very happy with the result so far especially as I have always considered myself to be lacking in skills with regards to 2D artwork although like anything I intend on improving and hopefully get to the stage where I can create my own concept art and then model from there.

It’s also worth mentioning that this is the first image I have created using only my graphics tablet I am trying to add more of a arty feel to my artwork and I can't think of a better way to achieve this than taking advantage of the pressure sensitive options when using a tablet over a mouse!

I will be posting the final image as soon as its completed I already have ideas for my next project I am planning on creating some Assassins Creed 3 fan art after being blown away by the game at Eurogamer 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment