Friday 20 April 2012

Finished Concept

Ok so following yesterday’s post about concept design I have completed the concept design for Gun 8. This took a number of iterations however I have learnt a lot from this experience. I first created the deign based on the thumbnail sketches I completed yesterday however I realised that the gun would not be usable as there was no trigger! I know stupid right? So I took a second look at the design and redesigned that section of the gun to be able to include a trigger. I also felt that the panel design on the first concept looked to messy and most of the lines looked a bit crazy so I started the design again and this time I created some grid lines that enabled the overall design to look a lot more genuine.

Here is the first concept design as you can see it’s far from perfect.

As I mentioned above in this design the panels look out of place and I basically decided to scrap all the light grey areas and join the panels together. Along with adding a trigger area *Face Palm*

Here is the final version that I intend on taking into 3ds Max and modelling. As you can see the panels fit a lot better to the overall shape of the gun. I have also added a emboss effect to make the image pop a little, I think the trigger could do with some more work I will leave the design overnight and see if a fresh prospective changes my thoughts for the moment. I'm fairly happy with the outcome I just hope it looks good once its modelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment