Wednesday 11 April 2012

Train2Game and a Side project

Since I have enrolled on the Train2Game artist and animation course I've been doing alot of reading from the first book on the course which has given me a good understanding of the history of games the different genres within the industry, the artists pipline along with many other usfull information on game engines and such. This book was more of recap for me as I covered most of it during my time at uni. Altho there where quite a few things in the book that caught be by suprise which is always good.

As Im waiting for my Student login so I can sit my first exam I have decided to create a Mech from concept to a complete 3d model. I have no intension of Animating it at this point but I will be taking animation into account as I build it so I could possibly go back at a later date and possibly add in some animation.

Here is the basic concept Ive come up with this morning. Ive looked at alot of google images of mechs today and have made my own hybrid concept using my own ideas and inspiration from other mech images.

As you can see Im not the worlds greatest drawer but I intend to devlop my skills as it will come in very handy later in the course and also in my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment